Convene Your Own Sessions
Note: Program Uses Singapore Standard Time and is 8 Hours ahead of GMT (+8:00)
The deadlines, rules and procedures are given below.
||Opens 01 Sep 2021
||Closes 20 Oct 2021
||From 03 Nov 2021
How to Submit | Past Sessions & Conveners:
This type of session proposal covers topics that belong to any one of the 8 AOGS Scientific Sections listed below. Once submission closes, Section Presidents will evaluate the proposals
- Those accepted will be listed on MARS to invite abstract submission
- Those rejected will not be listed
- Those whose contents are similar or closely related may be joined, combined or merged to form a single session. If the session involves 3 or more Sections, the session will be channelled to Interdisciplinary Geosciences (IG)
- The subject of a session should have a sufficiently broad appeal that it can be expected to consist of at least ten papers. The actual time allocation will vary according to the number of accepted abstracts. If a session has less than 10 accepted abstracts, the Section President and Program Committee reserve the right to move the abstracts to another session.
- Session proposals with broader themes and larger scales are favoured, and session proposals with strong overlap are likely to be merged. This is so as to minimize repetition and to build a program with sessions that are fewer but larger and stronger.
- Co-conveners must be from at least 2 countries. The minimum number of conveners is 2 and the maximum number of conveners is 5, per session.
- Two session proposals is the maximum limit. No Convener may submit more than 2 session proposals.
- Invited papers should not exceed one third of oral presentations in a given session, the only exception is for sessions of great timeliness (such as a recent natural disaster or the first reports from new international scientific programs or space missions).
- Convener and Co-Conveners cannot present or be a co-author to an invited paper in their own session. Any paper with an overlap between the co-authors and the co-conveners cannot be designated as invited.
- Program Committee will take note of scheduling requests but cannot guarantee that requests can be accommodated. Sessions could be scheduled between Monday morning and Friday afternoon.
How to submit your regular session proposal
- You will need your user account to log on to MARS (Management And Review of Submissions)
- Existing users may use the same email/password
(E.g. if you had attended a previous meeting or signed up for e-newsletter)
- First time users, please sign up for a user account at the MARS log-in page here
- Modify/Edit User Details
- Log on to MARS with your email and password
- On the left menu, click “My Profile”
- Update, change personal particulars
- Click submit to complete the update
- Click "My Session Proposals" on the left menu and complete the online form.
- You can modify, resubmit your proposal anytime but it must be before the submission deadline
After log-in on MARS (with your email and password)
- Under “Author Options”, click “My Session Proposals” to view your submission
- Click “Session Proposal ID” to access full submission details, including all editing functions