Best Student Poster Competition
Encouraging young students has always been an important mission to AOGS. The Best Student Poster Competition (BSPC) is a means for students to highlight their achievements and demonstrate their ability in scientific presentations. Award criteria are below. Please also take note of the rules and requirements to follow.
A. Criteria & Award
- One award minimum per Section, and 1 additional award for every 20 student posters
- The presenting student author must be present throughout the Section’s Poster Presentation Session/Interactive Forum.
- Poster Presentations will be evaluated based on:
- Scientific quality and novelty
- Poster design
- Ability of student presenter to answer question
- Awards will be presented at the Closing Ceremony (last day conference) and each winner will receive
- A Certificate signed by AOGS President and Section President
- Complimentary Registration for the following year of AOGS Annual Meeting
B. Rules and Requirements
All full-time individual students are eligible (Postdocs are not eligible)
2. COMPETITION RULES
||If an abstract is selected for an oral presentation, the author must choose between accepting the oral presentation and participating in the poster competition.
||Only one poster (abstract) per student can be entered into the competition.
||The student must be the first author of the abstract, the major contributor to the material presented, and the person presenting the poster.
||The majority of material should not have been previously presented in another session at the meeting
||The presenting/first student author must be present throughout the allocated session.
||The presenting/first student author only may be given the Award
3. BSPC PRESENTER GUIDE
||Presentation Format - For Best Student Poster
- The deadline for submitting digital poster is 18 Jul 2022
- Poster size is A0 in landscape format
- Presenters must upload PNG/JPEG poster of their presentation.
- Posters should be prepared according to AOGS Participation Guide for Posters (See Point. 5)
- If your Poster Presentation File is not found in the system records on MARS by 18 Jul 2022, your entry is automatically disqualified. It shall be assumed that you wish to be withdrawn from the contest.
||How to Prepare Your Poster
- Place your Abstract ID, Abstract Title and Author Name(s) prominently at the top of the poster to allow viewers to identify your abstract easily.
Presenter’s Name must be underlined and in Bold Letterings
- Author Name, E-mail and Address information must be provided in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc. in the poster
- A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested (but not expert) audience. You may wish to structure your poster by including the background of your research followed by results and conclusions
4. KEY DATES
- Submit Your Presentation Files to AOGS-MARS (Opens 15 Jun 2022)
Poster: The deadline for submitting digital poster is 18 Jul 2022
- Mon-18 Jul to Fri-22 Jul: Virtual Open House
Daily from: 08:00 to 12:00; 14:00 to 18:00 , for configuration testing/rehearse your presentation/check recordings
Program Uses Singapore Standard Time and is 8 Hours ahead of GMT (GMT +8)
5. GEARING UP FOR YOUR COMPETITION
View/Download Participation Guide Here