||Submit Abstract – How to Get Started
||Existing Users – Individuals who had attended a previous meeting or signed up for e-newsletter.
||Please sign up for a user account on the MARS here: https://meetmatt-svr.net/Account/Login
||Log on to MARS with your email and password to modify/edit User Details.
- On the left menu, click "My Profile"
- Update, change personal particulars
- Click submit to complete the update
||Submit Abstract – An Overview
||Click “Session List” on left menu to view the sessions.
||Click “My Abstracts” on left menu and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your abstract.
- Read the important notes and proceed to Step 1.
- Step 1 & 2: Submit Author Particulars & Billing Information
- Step 3: Select payment method & pay for abstract processing fee
- Step 4 & 5: Enter abstract and author details
||Each abstract will be assigned an Abstract ID. Please quote this when making enquiries. By submitting the abstract, you are granting AOGS to publish and disseminate it electronically.
||Submit Abstract – Requirements
||You will be required to provide
||Main/Lead Author Information – Must Have:
- Job Title
- Contact Email
- Choose ONE Primary Section & ONE Secondary Section
||Abstract should contain text only and may not exceed 300 words.
||All co-authors must be added to prevent omission from all publications and the author index. Simply use the “Edit” function (see also 3.2 below) and follow the steps below to add co-authors:
||In text box provided, input co-author’s email address. Click on "Search"
||If an existing user – the system will display the user information.
||Click on "Add This User" to include the co-author.
||If not an existing user – you will be required to input the co-author’s particulars.
||Upon successfully completing the submission,
- A user account is automatically created and the user added to the author list.
- System will auto-trigger verification email to the new user.
||MARS is the Society’s online submission system and everyone needs a user account to perform common tasks here – View/edit abstract details, Register for conference (and pay fees), View/download/print presentation schedule, invoices, receipts, attendance proof, Upload presentation files, etc.
||User account are strictly personal and private.
The user only may be allowed to make changes and corrections to their particulars
||User particulars may be changes/updated in MARS
Click on “My Profile” on the left menu and change or update your personal particulars.
||Edit/Modify/Replace Current Abstract
- You can modify, resubmit your abstract anytime but it must be before the submission deadline.
- Under "Author Options", click "My Abstracts" to view your abstract submission(s).
- Click Abstract ID to access full abstract details, including all editing functions.
Every new abstract submission requires fee payment and the paid fee is not refundable.
||Abstract Review (Acceptance & Rejection) Process
- Conveners and/or Section Presidents will review abstracts for contents and scientific merits.
- The review decision will be either "Accepted" or "Rejected".
- Presentation mode (Oral or Poster) will be decided at the time of session scheduling. Author’s preferred presentation mode is usually honored though not guaranteed to be satisfied.
- Acceptance is on condition that at least one author attends the meeting to present the accepted abstract.
- English shall be the official language throughout the meeting.
||Abstract Review Status – Term & Meaning
||Abstract processing fee needs to be paid.
This is a condition of your abstract submission
||Abstract submission is successfully completed
||Abstract submission is not yet successfully completed
||The abstract has been reviewed and accepted for presentation at the annual meeting.
||In the reviewer’s opinion, your abstract is unsuitable for presentation at the annual meeting
||After the abstract has been successfully submitted, it is removed from the abstract list. The paid abstract processing fee cannot be refunded.