How to Review and Finalize Session Proposals (Last updated: 29 Sep 2022)
All Section Presidents are Program Committee Members (See Committee Page)
The AOGS Secretary General is Program Chair
As always, all dates are subject to change (See All Important Dates)
Section President’s Deliverables
|06 Sep 2022 to
08 Nov 2022
|08 Nov 2022 to
22 Nov 2022
- Section Presidents Prevent Overlapping and Duplication of Sessions
- Section Presidents Complete Review of Session Proposals
|29 Nov 2022
- Review Outcome to Session Proposers
- Accepted Proposals Announced for Abstract Submission
|29 Nov 2022 to
14 Feb 2023
- Abstract Submission
- Application: Reduced Fee, Student Volunteer Fee Waiver
|14 Feb 2023 to
14 Mar 2023
Drop-dead Date: 14 Mar 2023
- Conveners Complete All Abstract Reviews
- AOGS Approves Reduced Fee & Student Volunteer Fee Waiver
- Conveners Decide AOGS Comps Recipients
|21 Feb 2023 to
21 Mar 2023
|Drop-dead Date: 21 Mar 2023
- Section Presidents Decide Session’s Presentation Date & Time
- Conveners Line Up Presentations and Session Chairs
|21 Mar 2023 to
28 Mar 2023
- Notify Abstract Review Outcome (21 Mar 2023)
- All Talks Lined Up & Session Chairs Assigned.
- Section Presidents Fill Gaps and Fine-tune as Necessary
|28 Mar 2023 to
15 Apr 2023
- Council/Program Committee Approves Program
|01 Jun 2023
- Delete from Program Abstracts Not Covered by Any Registration
How to Review and Finalize Session Proposals
Please follow the steps below after log in on MARS here: https://meetmatt-svr.net/Account/Login
1. Review Session Proposals
- Under Committee Options on the left menu, click Session Proposal List
- From the drop-down list, select the Section you are in charge of (e.g., "SE - Solid Earth"), and click the button List. This will display the list of session proposals submitted to your Section.
- Click the session code, e.g., "SE01", to view the session proposal details.
- On top of the page, click the link Mark Decision (Tentative).
- Select the decision ("To Accept" / "To Reject" / "To Merge"). Comments to conveners are optional. Click Submit Button to save the changes.
- Repeat steps (c) to (e) for all the session proposals.
- Please note that the decisions entered online are "tentative" until it is finalized. This means that the review result & comments are not immediately visible to the conveners, but they are only notified when the Finalization button is clicked.
2. Finalize Session Proposals
- Under Committee Options from the left menu, click Session Proposal List
- From the drop-down list, select the Section you are in charge of (e.g., "SE - Solid Earth"), and click the button "List". This will display the list of session proposals submitted to your Section.
- Tick the checkboxes before the session proposals that you intend to finalize. The checkboxes for those session proposals that are already finalized, not reviewed, or not under your charge are disabled.
- Click the button Finalize / Notify Conveners... on the top of the list.
- Click the Confirm button to finalize the review and send notification email to the conveners.
"To Accept": The session proposal will be accepted
- The proposal is then included in the session listing for abstract submission.
- After acceptance, Conveners can login to MARS, edit the Sessions using these steps:
On the left menu, under Convener Options → My Sessions
Note: Edit function to the original session will be deactivated i.e. you cannot make changes to the original session proposal.
"To Reject": The session proposal will be rejected.
Editing cannot be allowed to the Rejected session proposal.
"To Merge": An auto-generated message containing the Section President’s request will be emailed to the Conveners whose sessions are to be merged. If both sides accept the request, then the Section President needs inform the Secretariat for execution.
- All “merge” decisions will require approval of the Section Presidents and be informed to the Secretariat by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All “merge” decisions can be executed by Secretariat only
- Until then the session proposals will remain in the “Active” stage i.e. they are still editable
3. Communicating with the Program Chair
Development of the scientific program begins as soon as abstract submission closes. The Program Chair will start allocating meeting room space and what each section receives will vary according to the number of accepted abstracts for each Section. Please be sure to contact the Program Chair for your needs and requests.