Convene Your Own Sessions
Submission Opens: 1 Oct 2013
Submission Closes: 19 Nov 2013 (CLOSED)
Acceptance Notification: 3 Dec 2013
Session Listing/Abstract Submission Opens: 17 Dec 2013
You are invited to convene Sessions in one of the following Sections:
Atmospheric Sciences (AS)
Hydrological Sciences (HS)
Interdisciplinary Geosciences (IG)
Ocean Sciences (OS)
Planetary Sciences (PS)
Solar & Terrestrial Sciences (ST)
Solid Earth Sciences (SE)
How to submit your session proposal on MARS 2014 (opens 1 Oct 2013)
- You will need your user account to log on to MARS (Management And Review of Submissions) - opens 1 Oct 2013
- You may use the same email/password from your previous account (from AOGS 2013)
- If you are new to MARS, please click here to create a user account. - opens 1 Oct 2013
- Click "My Session Proposals" on the left menu and complete the online form
- Before submission closes, you may return anytime to make changes (e.g. edit contents of your proposal, add/remove convenors)
- The subject of a session should have a sufficiently broad appeal that it can be expected to consist of at least six papers (1/4 day), with the ideal size being approximately 3/4 to 1 day.
- Session proposals with broader themes and larger scales are favoured, and session proposals with strong overlap are likely to be merged. This is so as to minimize repetitition and to build a program with sessions that are fewer but larger and stronger.
- Co-conveners should preferably be from different countries and/or institutes than the Convener.
- Two session proposals is the maximum limit. No Convener may submit more than 2 session proposals.
- Invited papers should not exceed one third of the papers in a given session, although there can be exceptions for sessions of great timeliness (such as a recent natural disaster or the first reports from new international scientific programs or space missions).
- Usually a session's Convener and Co-Convenors should not present an invited paper in their session.
- In planning sessions remember that the main/first author can submit only 2 abstracts to an AOGS meeting (including invited papers but not Distinguished Lectures).
Once submission closes, Section Presidents will evaluate the proposals
- Those accepted will be listed on MARS to invite abstract submission
- Those rejected will not be listed
- Those whose contents are similar or closely related may be joined, combined or merged to form a single session. If the session involves 3 or more Sections, the session will be channelled to Interdisciplinary Geosciences (IG)