Dates & Locations
Call for Venue Proposal (Closed)
Approved for implementation in 2017 - Learn More Here
Learn More Here
Learn More Here
Convene Your Own Sessions
Submission Opens: 30 Sep 2015
Submission Closes: 25 Nov 2015 (CLOSED - 9 Dec 2015)
Notification - Acceptance/Rejection: 2 Dec 2015
Session Listing/Abstract Submission Opens: 11 Dec 2015
You are invited to convene Sessions in one of the following Sections:
Atmospheric Sciences (AS)
Hydrological Sciences (HS)
Interdisciplinary Geosciences (IG)
Ocean Sciences (OS)
Planetary Sciences (PS)
Solar & Terrestrial Sciences (ST)
Solid Earth Sciences (SE)
How to submit your session proposal on MARS 2016
- You will need your user account to log on to MARS (Management And Review of Submissions)
- You may use the same email/password from your previous account (from AOGS 2015)
- If you are new to MARS, please click here to create a user account.
- Click "My Session Proposals" on the left menu and complete the online form.
- Before submission closes, you may return anytime to make changes (e.g. edit contents of your proposal, add/remove convenors)
Important Guidelines - Last updated 16 Sep 2015
- The subject of a session should have a sufficiently broad appeal that it can be expected to consist of at least ten papers. The actual time allocation will vary according to the number of accepted abstracts.
If a session has less than 10 accepted abstracts, the Section President and Program Committee reserve the right to move the abstracts to another session.
- Session proposals with broader themes and larger scales are favoured, and session proposals with strong overlap are likely to be merged. This is so as to minimize repetition and to build a program with sessions that are fewer but larger and stronger.
- Co-conveners should preferably be from different countries than the Convener. The minimum number of conveners is 2 and the maximum number of conveners is 5, per session.
- Two session proposals is the maximum limit. No Convener may submit more than 2 session proposals.
- Invited papers should not exceed one third of the papers in a given session, the only exception is for sessions of great timeliness (such as a recent natural disaster or the first reports from new international scientific programs or space missions).
- Convener and Co-Convenors should not present an invited paper in their own session. Any paper with an overlap between the co-authors and the co-conveners cannot be designated as invited.
- Program Committee will take note of scheduling requests but cannot guarantee that requests can be accommodated. Sessions could be scheduled between Monday morning and Friday afternoon.
- Conveners understand that the time allocated to the session will typically require about 60% of papers to be designated as oral presentations and about 40% for poster presentation.
Once submission closes, Section Presidents will evaluate the proposals
- Those accepted will be listed on MARS to invite abstract submission
- Those rejected will not be listed
- Those whose contents are similar or closely related may be joined, combined or merged to form a single session. If the session involves 3 or more Sections, the session will be channelled to Interdisciplinary Geosciences (IG)