Abstract: Submission Instructions
Submission Opens: 15 Jan 2011
15 Mar 2011 25 Mar 2011
Acceptance Notification: 10 Apr 2011
Author Registration Deadline: 1 Jun 2011
How to submit your abstract on MARS 2011
- You will need your user account to log on to MARS (Management And Review of Submissions)
- You may use the same email/password from your previous account (from AOGS 2010)
- If you are new to MARS, please click here to create a user account.
REMINDER: Abstract processing fee needs to be paid before you can proceed to upload your abstract.
Upon landing on MARS, follow the given instructions below
- Go to Conference on the left menu, Click Session List to view and Select Session from the approved listing
- Click Show List to view the list of sessions in the Section of your choice
- Click Session Code to view session and convener details
- TWO abstracts is the maximum limit for each submitting author
- Each registration fee covers TWO presentations maximum
- A processing fee of SGD 35 / USD 25 applies for each abstract. The payment may not be deferred and the paid fee is is non-refundable, regardless of its final review status.
- Check here for Registration, Fees & AOGS Accepted Payment Methods.
- Abstract processing fee needs to be paid before you can proceed to upload your abstract.
Prepare an abstract
- Please strictly follow the templates provided and AOGS appreciates receiving Camera-Ready papers in PDF format with print quality resolution. Templates for Abstract: MS Word PDF Sample
- Length of Abstract should be ONE A4 page maximum, with illustrations (if necessary), paper title, author(s)' name(s), affiliations, addresses and must include contact number and email address of the Main Author.
Submit an abstract
- Go to Author Options, click My Abstracts and then click Create New Abstract. it will guide you through a 3-step submission process:
- Step 1: Enter abstract details and author details.
- Step 2: Pay for the abstract processing fee
- Step 3: Upload the abstract file
- Each abstract will be assigned an Abstract ID. Please quote this in all correspondences.
Pay the abstract processing fee
The payment of abstract processing fee may not be deferred or the abstract will not be able to be uploaded. The fee is not waived under almost any circumstances and definitely not waived for withdrawn/rejected abstracts or for successful registration fee waiver applicants.
Payment by credit card (VISA/Master/Amex) or telegraphic transfer is acceptable. For payment by telegraphic transfer, an administrative fee of SGD80/USD68/TWD2165 will be charged.
For authors who have failed attempts in paying by credit card online, you can
- Try a different card;
- If it still fails, fax the front and back of the card to the AOGS Secretariat Office (Fax: +65 64723208, Attn: Mei). Please indicate your name, abstract ID, payment amount (USD25 / SGD35) in the fax. Our accountant will try to process the payment for you.
Modify an abstract
- You can modify, resubmit your own abstract anytime but must be before the given deadline.
- Go to Author Options, click My Abstracts to view your abstract submission(s).
- Click Abstract ID to access full abstract details, including all editing functions.
- Pending: The abstract is pending for payment of abstract processing fee; no further processing will be allowed until the fee is paid.
- Active: The abstract is yet to be reviewed / currently being reviewed
- Accepted: The abstract is accepted.
- Rejected: The abstract is rejected. Note that the abstract processing fee is NOT waived.
- Withdrawn: The abstract is withdrawn. Note that the abstract processing fee is NOT waived.
- Duplicate: The abstract is a double submission. The abstract processing fee is cancelled.
- Conveners and/or Section Presidents will review abstracts for contents and scientific merits.
- The review decision will be either "Accepted" or "Rejected"
- Presentation mode (Oral or Poster) will be decided at the time of session scheduling. Author’s preferred presentation mode is usually honored though not guaranteed to be satisfied.
- It is expected that at least one author attends the meeting to present the accepted abstract
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted must register their meeting attendance by 1 June 2011.
- Each registration fee covers TWO presentations maximum.
- At the time of registration, ID of the abstracts to be presented must be provided
- By default, the registrant is deemed to be the presenter. This can be the author or a co-author.
- Abstracts whose authors did not register to attend the meeting risk being withdrawn.